Best movie conversation ever

by 7:18 AM 0 comments

The scene from The Godfather where Don Vito Corleone is old, he has passed on his legacy to his son Michael. He is having a discussion with Michael how Berzini is going to assassinate him and how should Michael stay alert.

The emotional bond between a father and his son, where as a father, he is apologizing his son for not being there for him all the time but on the other hand, He, with all his experience, is being the greatest advisor in Michael’s life.

This Is the best conversation in a movie according to me.


In this 3:45 minute scene, Don Vito, who is retired now, is making his son aware that only your family matters. Everything else is fake. People will smile to your face but stab you in the back.
Don Vito asks Michael about his wife and kids, And he is at peace when he learns that Michael is a happy man, and that his grandson is smart and already started reading the funny papers.

But soon Michael realizes that something is bothering his dad. he asks him, to which Vito replies that he never wanted this life for his son. He wanted his son to be in politics, to be the one who holds the strings. Something like Senator or Governor but not a Don. He apologize in his own way.


Don Corleone: Barzini will move against you first. He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust...guaranteeing your safety. And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated.
As the Don drinks from a glass of wine as Michael watches him...
I like to drink wine more than I used to anyway, I'm drinking more...
Michael: It's good for you, Pop.
Don Corleone: I don't know. Your wife and your children, are you happy with them?
Michael: Very happy.
Don Corleone: That's good. I hope you don't mind the way I - I keep going over this Barzini business.
Michael: No, not at all.
Don Corleone: It's an old habit. I spent my life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless, but not men. How's your boy?
Michael: He's good.


Don Corleone: You know, he looks more like you everyday.
 Michael: He's smarter than I am. Three years old, he can read the funny papers.
Don Corleone: Read the funny papers. Hold on, uh, I want you to arrange to have a telephone man check all the calls that go in and out of here, because it could be anyone.
Michael: I did it already, Pop. I took care of that.
Don Corleone: Oh, that's right, I forgot.
Michael: [reaches over, touching Don Corleone] What's the matter? What's bothering you? I'll handle it. I told you I can handle it, I'll handle it.


Don Corleone: I knew that Santino was gonna have to go through all this, and Fredo, well, Fredo was well, but I never - I never wanted this for you. I worked my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused to be a fool dancing on a string held by all of those big shots. I don't apologize, that's my life, but I thought that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator Corleone. Governor Corleone. Something.
Michael: Another pezzonovante.
Don Corleone: Well, there wasn't enough time, Michael. Wasn't enough time.
Michael: We'll get there, Pop. We'll get there.
Don Corleone: Uh. [kisses Michael.] Now listen, whoever comes to you with this Barzini meeting, he's the traitor. Don't forget that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment